top of page

Mini Dragon Group (ages 6-7)

Public·43 members
Thomas White
Thomas White

Learn the Secrets of Goal Setting and Achievement with Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals

Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals by Heidi Grant Halvorson

Do you have goals that you want to achieve but don't know how? Have you ever wondered why some people seem to succeed effortlessly while others struggle and give up? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you might want to read Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals by Heidi Grant Halvorson. This book is a practical guide that reveals the science behind goal setting and achievement. It shows you how to set better goals, pursue them effectively, and reach them faster and easier. Whether you want to improve your health, career, relationships, or any other aspect of your life, this book will help you get there.

succeed how we can reach our goals epub 11

DOWNLOAD: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgohhs.com%2F2ucYVQ&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw3Aifmleys4Q4XtXrrPUqRt

Why do we fail to reach our goals?

Many of us have no idea why we fail to reach our goals. We often blame ourselves for being lazy, incompetent, or unlucky. We think that we lack the talent, intelligence, or resources that others have. We assume that success is a matter of innate ability or luck that we can't control.

However, according to Halvorson, these beliefs are not only wrong but also harmful. They prevent us from learning from our failures and improving our skills. They make us feel helpless and hopeless. They undermine our confidence and motivation.

The truth is that we fail to reach our goals not because of who we are but because of what we do. We fail because we make common misconceptions and mistakes about goal setting and achievement. For example:

• We set vague or unrealistic goals that are hard to measure and achieve.

• We focus on the outcome rather than the process of reaching our goals.

• We rely on our willpower alone to overcome challenges and temptations.

• We ignore or avoid negative feedback that could help us improve.

• We give up too soon or too late when we face difficulties or setbacks.

Fortunately, these misconceptions and mistakes can be corrected. We can learn how to set better goals, pursue them effectively, and reach them faster and easier. The key is to understand the psychology of goal setting and achievement. That's what this book is all about.

How can we set better goals?

The first step to reaching our goals is to set them properly. Not all goals are created equal. Some goals are more likely to lead us to success than others. The difference lies in how we frame our goals. Halvorson introduces a simple but powerful distinction between two types of goals: be-good goals and get-better goals.

Be-good goals

Be-good goals are goals that focus on proving our ability or worth. They are about demonstrating our competence, intelligence, or talent. They are about being better than others or meeting some external standard of excellence. For example:

• I want to get an A on this test.

• I want to win this race.

• I want to impress my boss.

Be-good goals may seem appealing and motivating, but they have several drawbacks. They make us feel anxious and stressed. They make us afraid of failure and criticism. They make us avoid challenges and risks that could help us grow. They make us narrow-minded and defensive. They make us less likely to learn from our mistakes and feedback.

Get-better goals

Get-better goals are goals that focus on improving our ability or performance. They are about developing our competence, intelligence, or talent. They are about being better than ourselves or meeting some internal standard of excellence. For example:

• I want to learn more from this test.